Thursday, December 13, 2007

So Many Places

There are so many places to go and so little time to do it. Do I just go by myself? Is traveling with an infant fun??? Especially all alone. Should I fly? Should I drive?? These are the tough questions when you have almost 4 weeks of vacation and your husband only has 1. Especially since the 1 week he has is already going to be used up on a family reunion. Oh what to do..what to do? Maybe I will just not go anywhere, but that is no fun. Or maybe I'll just take long weekends and then it won't be such a big deal. I'm sure we'll figure it all out..there is still time. Or maybe Chip's crazy Aunt Maren will want to fly to CA with them for a couple days??? I know..it's a stretch. I just had to throw that in as an option.

4 comments:

  1. When would this crazy aunt be flying to California? Pretty sure I will never pass up the chance to go to California! I love it there. When do you have to use up this vaca time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm...I am not sure when the trip to CA would be. Not until fall probably. Maybe after Chip is 1. That should give us enough time to save up some money. And time for him to be a little easier to travel with. I have 'til the end of 2008 to use it and I'll try to carry over a few hours for 09. So, we'll see what works out. It would be a way fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if we were to drive? I'm really hoping to have a somewhat decent car by September, used but not beat to death, and that could be the first road trip to break it in. Or is driving with a baby not exactly your idea of a vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just concerned about being gone too long. I don't want to waste 4 days driving when we could just take a 4 day weekend total. Or I could take a week vacation and cover Utah and CA at the same time. See both sets of grandparents at once. That might work better. We'll have to consider that...maybe over Labor Day. If I utilize a Holiday it stretches my vacation time an extra day. We'll get it figured out soon enough. But I would need to check the schedule at WILD first. Which..I start there on Fri. Dec 21. A little sooner than originally planned. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete