Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Here Goes Nothin'

So, I had a follow up appointment today. It was short, sweet and to the point. Basically I'm doing better, but I just have to be patient and let things run their course. Did I ever tell you that patience is not a strength of mine? So, my calcium and potassium and everything has improved a lot, but I am still low. Dr. Falko explained to me today that on my first appointment with him I was very, very close to having severly low calcium. That would explain all the phone calls to see if I was ok. But now, even though I am still low, I am doing fine. Unfortunately, I have some sort of stomach bug and I don't feel fantastic at all. Also, my blood pressure was still quite high (okay...really high!) so I am on new meds for that too. So, now I am taking 5 pills in the morning and 4 pills at night. I'm not good at this, but I am trying because I want to feel good and lose some weight. I can't wait to have some energy back again. I'll need all I can get...Christian is a fast little booger.

Also, today we decided that it was WAY past time to actually clean the house a little. By no means does this mean that very much got cleaned, but probably half. And it wasn't a deep clean...just clean enough that you don't want to kill yourself when you walk in the door. I love to throw things away!! I'm a purger (but not bulimic). It feels good to fill a garbage bag and chuck it in the dumpster. So, we can actually eat at our table and sit on the couch and play on the floor without having to move anything. What a grand feeling. It's a little embarrassing to admit just how dirty our little place was. And to be honest, it wasn't that long ago that we cleaned last time...we just had stuff everywhere! Now, we just need to tackle the dreaded bathroom...maybe on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment