Sunday, January 13, 2008

I don't want to be the bad guy

Who says just because you are a supervisor means you have to be the bad guy all the time? Why couldn't I go to one of those branches that doesn't have issues?? Not only have we had an employee come back from lunch almost 2 hours late (it's a darn good thing he came back!), we also have an employee who is being quite cold to the "boss" types. This individual claims there are too many chiefs and not enough indians. I know it's hard to be told that things are changing. I had a hard time with change in my early years, but change is good...change brings better, more confident results. Embrace the change! Unfortunately, this is not a shared opinion. I feel pretty good that this individual will come back from a long weekend feeling better, or at least I hope. Just minor speed bumps.

And then, I got to interview a couple people for an open position...who said I had experience interviewing??? Who doesn't go to that class until Mar 27??? Boy, I love being thrown into new things. (Embrace change!) Oh, and those new accounts I don't know how to open...I've opened several now. Not so bad, actually. So, it's amazing how much you really do know when you are thrown into the deep end with no life jacket. It's amazing how you learn things so much faster when you have to figure it out on your own. And then there are all the things I have to learn to pass my designated test. Ugh...You wouldn't believe how fast 10 hours flies by! I just hope I don't screw up anything too major. Hopefully I only make fixable mistakes. I don't want to be the one messing up the audit score next year. That's a whole different topic.

Anyway, I really do like my new job, but it's a lot to take in all at once. They really want to get me up to speed sooner than later...and we all have our suspicions on why that might be. I think big changes might be coming our way next year. UGH!! Remember, I am the one that wanted the promotion...and yet, sometimes I just want to give it back.

2 comments:

  1. Hey That stinks with all the crazy new position stuff. I totally understand about all that. When I got my position of CSM there was and still are things that I don't know how to do and get thrown right into it.

    BTW I got a blog here on blogger come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can kind of sort of in a weird way relate. I got thrown in to Germany with no real knowledge of the language and had only 3 months to learn a whole ton (all the other people in my class had been here at least 3 years already) and pass my test or else I would have to leave. I'm sure you'll do fine though. Embrace the change!

    ReplyDelete