Thursday, January 31, 2008

What a Life

So, I've decided that I am way too busy. Between working full time, being a mom full time and teaching Primary and attending all family functions and trying to maintain a household (even though that doesn't seem to be working very well) I am running out of fun time. I look forward to the rare opportunities I get to chat on the phone or go to breakfast with a friend. I'd even take a lonesome trip to the grocery store and be satisfied. I just wish I had more time to get everything done and be able to enjoy some time with my family and friends. But I suppose that is the life I signed up for when we decided to start our little family.

I really do enjoy being a mom. I can't believe I'm saying that. For a long time I often wondered if I'd really like it. I am glad I do like it though. I don't even mind if he throws up on me or wipes boogers on my shirt. Well...I take that back. I do mind, it just doesn't gross me out as much. I'm really enjoying watching him grow and become more active and alert. I love to take him places and just watch him interact with everyone around him (I still need to teach him to not talk to strangers). We have really gotten into a good routine and I really enjoy that. I like to think I am a spontaneous type person, but I really need that structure.

So, as much as I miss my "old life" I wouldn't trade it in for the world. I was the same way when I first got married. I really missed my single life. I missed having things my way and not having to compromise so much. But in all reality, I loved being married and would never want to be single again. And now I barely remember my single life. It would be so strange. I hope in a couple years I won't even remember what life was like without children. Not that I want Christian to grow too fast, but I am excited to see how he grows up and how he interacts with his siblings (that is assuming we have more kids). I really think I'll like mommyhood!

1 comment:

  1. If I ever come out to Colorado I'll babysit for you so you can have some fun time. And by if I mean when.

    ReplyDelete