Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm A Survivor

We made it to Nauvoo and had a fabulous time at the reunion. As stressed as I was about packing, it only took a few hours to get it all done (with Dave's help). Christian did marvelous on the road trip and was a happy boy the whole week. I, however, was very sick the first half of the vacation and missed a lot of great opportunities to see some sights. I was able to see Liberty Jail and Independence, MO, but I missed the trip to Carthage. I was really bummed about that. We didn't get to see much in Nauvoo between me being sick and Christian's short attention span. But we did see a couple things we missed last time we were there. It was nice to get away for a whole week as a family. The last time we had a vacation that long was our honeymoon (which was also a roadtrip to Nauvoo). So, hopefully we will be able to go back once we have older kids. Oh, and if you ever think about camping in Nauvoo--don't. It's hot, humid, buggy and miserable. I am glad we had the opportunity to get away, but I am glad to be home.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree... whoever had the idea to go camping in Nauvoo in the middle of July was nuts. But we lived through it. What time did you guys actually get home then? Did you drive all through the night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's funny...we went to ARIZONA in July for our family reunion!
    What we will do in the name of family.
    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete