Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation

On Friday we are going to make a journey with Dave's family to Nauvoo for the first Putnam family reunion. We are very excited to spend time with some of our favorite people, but I am very stressed about being away from home for a whole week! There is so much to plan that I am feeling a little overwhelmed and not wanting to do anything. This is our first post baby vacation (other than a short visit to Salt Lake) so I am having a little trouble figuring out how to take enough without taking too much. Space is limited in our little Hyundai Elantra. Christian does require a lot of big things such as a stroller, pack n play, diapers and wipes, food and bottles, clothing, toys, blankets, and the list goes on. It should be interesting not having his high chair for a week. And it'll be our first time camping with the little tyke. And what are we doing with the animals while we are gone? Somehow this all snuck up on us. It is so easy to get caught up in day to day life and time gets away from you easily. On the bright side I do tend to do my best work under pressure.

3 comments:

  1. I know its going to be hard Jeanne, but just take the minimal. Get all his stuff together that you want to take and then go through it and see what he can go without. Thats what I have to do with the kids every time we go somewhere over night. BTW how do I add people to my page like you have on your other site. I dont know what im doing on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of a highchair, bring the bumbo. It is a huge help on trips I have figured out. And an umbrella stroller works great, and that's pretty much all the tricks I have up my sleeve. I'm procrastinating too... and stressing about the EXTRA 22 people coming to my house on Friday night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husban's family has the Putnam line too...wouldn't it be interesting after my daughter serves in the same mission as your husband and then we find it is the same family line?!
    Thanks that make you say HUMMMMMM.
    Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete