Monday, August 31, 2009

They Don't Call Me "Crazy Jeanne" For Nothing

I sorta feel like I'm going crazy. I don't know why? And I sure hope it passes...soon. But my brain is running a million miles per second and I can't make it stop. These things I'm "obsessed" about are out of my control at this point. I love when I do this to myself (did you note the sarcasm?--it's a flaw). A lot of times I feel like I experience these feelings so I can better empathize with other people who are also going crazy. And I'm good with that. It makes me feel more normal to know that someday, my craziness might help someone else. Afterall, I'm not so bad off anyway.

I've been doing a lot of soul searching this weekend. I'm not impressed. So, it's time to open a new chapter in my life. Things could go a lot better in a lot of areas. I've got a lengthy list of personal goals to work on. I've had that list for a long time. I've made great progress in the last 6 years, but I've had some setbacks, so now I feel like I'm farther behind than when I started (in some areas). So, here's to picking my chin(s) up and looking forward. I'm not going to let a few lost years ruin my spirits.

And because I am feeling pretty random....I really want to be a marriage and family counselor when I grow up. And the older I get, the more I want to do it. And the older I get...the harder it's going to be to accomplish. But that is a goal that will have to wait. I've got a lot more soul searching/repairing to do. And I've got one VERY, VERY important relationship to strengthen. Because right now it's pretty weak (and that's my fault!).

No comments:

Post a Comment