Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Little of This and That

I feel like I have so much to say, but nothing to say all at the same time. I suppose we'll start where we left off and go from there. I apologize in advance for the length and possible choppiness of this post. I'm using it as therapy today.

I am feeling much better since our miscarriage. Life seems bearable again and I feel like we're getting back into our normal routine. We've been instructed to try to wait a couple of months before getting pregnant again, but hopefully we will be able to have a baby soon.

I was so out of sorts the past few weeks. I just went through the motions of life because I had to. Nothing extra was accomplished and I just got lazy. So, now, I have to play catch up and I just don't feel like it. My free time for the next few months will be spent completely rearranging our tiny condo. I have to make it work. I think I'm going to do one room at a time. I'll take everything out and sort it and start to purge anything unnecessary. Then I'll have a clean slate to work with as I start to put the room all back together. The kitchen and our bedroom are the hardest. We just "need" more than we have space. And as our family grows...it will become more tight. But right now we're stuck here. And I'm grateful we have a roof over our heads. Does anyone know how to organize a small closet? We aren't utilizing our space efficiently. (If only I could get rid of my wedding dress...but Dave won't let me.)

Anyway, enough about our small quarters. We've been able to relax and have a good time lately, also. We've spent a lot of time at the park, picnicking, at the zoo, at the pool, going out to eat, and enjoying our family and friends. How do we fit it all in? I never used to have a love for summer until we had Christian. He is SO happy outside in the sunshine. It just makes me happy to see him so happy. He could stay outside all day if I let him. Unfortunately, I have such fair skin that I have to be ultra careful and so Christian doesn't get to be outside for too long at a time. But I think it's enough to make him happy. I can't wait for next summer when he's a little older and can do even more.

This last week, Dave and I had the same day off. We try to coordinate our schedules to not have that happen, but sometimes it just does. This time, we saw it as a blessing. A time to spend together. We had plans to go to the temple in the morning, but for some reason I couldn't find my recommend. I tore the house apart looking everywhere for it. I've never misplaced it in the past and I was very, very bummed. We had been looking forward to attending the temple all week. We didn't find it for 2 days. Someone (think small person) lodged it behind/under the couch. (Maybe it's good we have a small house....less places to lose things.) I have never been so happy to find a piece of paper in my life. I hope we can go next week. I will never misplace my temple recommend again. I hated not knowing where it was.

As I mentioned in my last post, Dave and I have decided it is time for me to stay home with Christian. The decision was not an easy one for me to make. I agonized over when (not if) to quit for quite some time. I struggled (and still do a little) to have the faith to make the right choice. It will be hard to be at home everyday. And it will be hard to cut our income in half. I'm not sure, yet, how it will all work out, but I know it will. We might struggle, but I know our needs will be met. We have also decided that I need to quit sooner than our original plan. I struggled to feel comfortable with our December time frame. As for right now, unless something big happens, I am planning my last day at FirstBank to be Oct 30. I have worked there over 7 years now and I will miss it, but I know Christian (and our future children) will benefit from me being home. I just pray to have the faith that it will all work for our benefit.

This month brings Christian's 2nd birthday (19th) and our 6th wedding anniversary (30th). For some reason I just haven't thought about it much and have nothing planned. Any ideas?? I am at a loss what to buy a 2 year old boy. I suppose I'll wander around Target and see what jumps out at me. Thankfully he has no idea what his birthday is and it won't matter when we celebrate a week late.

I am now officially a member of a book group. Our first book is Twilight. I've never read the books or seen the movie and I've really been enjoying it so far. We are finishing the book this week and watching the movie. I can't believe that I'm enjoying it so much. I never thought I'd like it. Here's to trying new things. And our next series...Harry Potter. I can't believe I actually want to read it. I must not be feeling right. So, if you ever read a great book (nothing religious) please let me know. We'll need some suggestions to keep this group going. And who doesn't love an excuse to get together with girl friends and eat and talk?

2 comments:

  1. That leap of faith to quit working is tough. When I quit working I was making more than my husband, but I knew I needed to be home with my kids. The only downside is the sometime isolation of a stay-at-home Mom.

    The best gift we got for our 2 yr old...a sleeve of raquetballs. No kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... I really don't know how to organize a small closet very well. But I do have some suggestions on the wedding dress to store it better. I guess I should ask what you are storing it in now. But what I did was take an old sheet, probably king size. I think I just got mine at D.I. Sew the sides together to make a huge bag. Sort of like a pillowcase. Then after you have dry cleaned your dress, stuff the bust with acid free tissue paper, and slide it into the sheet. Then just put that into a box. Any size will work just depending on how much room you have for the box. Maybe you could get a flat one that could slide underneath your bed. Anyway, this will just help keep your dress from turning yellow. Just don't store it in plastic. Or you could have it specially preserved at a wedding dress shop but this costs over $100. Too pricy for me.

    But I'm glad you are doing better. I've been thinking about you. We should talk again sometime. Hope Christian had a good birthday. Isn't it crazy how fast time goes by? And I know things will go well for you to stay home. It won't be easy but you'll be blessed for this decision you've made.

    If I think of any good books I'll let you know. I read Twilight and saw the movie but wasn't super excited about it. I really like Harry Potter though. You know, maybe you should just use this post as a book! :)

    ReplyDelete