Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Who Would've Thunk?

I realized over the weekend that I have changed A LOT in the past year. Before becoming a mother I would gag at the thought of anyone throwing up. Now I can witness the act and clean it up without thinking twice about it. Before, I would cringe at changing a poopy diaper. Now, I change several diapers a week and have even caught poop in my bare hands to eliminate cleaning the carpet. (maybe that was too much info?) Before, I laughed at the people that cried when their babies got shots...now, I'm the one crying. Before, I didn't understand the love a mother has for a child. Now, I can't believe it is possible to love someone so much. Before, I couldn't understand why anyone would take so many pictures of their baby that didn't even move yet. Now, I have almost 2000 pictures of my 14 month old child. I know..it's a problem. The list goes on and on. Being a mother has taught me a lot about myself (some things...not so good). But mostly it has taught me to be grateful. Being a mommy is great...and nobody told me how great a bear hug from your toddler is!

And YAY that my little sister has decided to serve a mission!! We're all so excited!

And I'm SO happy with my current job! SO happy!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how drool, snot, and any other liquids (or solids) that come from your child just become second nature to us? =) But seriously, you've stated things really well. Being a mom really is the best thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you sound so good!
    I loved your post.

    Your background is really, really cute!

    and tell your sister I said,
    Argentina here she comes :-)
    Keep me posted on when she gets her call!

    ReplyDelete