Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Want A Do-Over

Last weekend Christian and I flew to Salt Lake City for my sister, Maren's, mission farewell. The whole family (except Dave) was there. It was going to be so much fun! We really did have a good time. My sister, Kenzie, and I took the kids to the park on Friday. We had family pictures on Saturday and a big gathering after church on Sunday.

On Friday night Christian and I started to not feel well. I thought it was going to be just a cold. No biggy. I can still function with a cold. Unfortunately, it was much more than that. I was very sick and couldn't sleep all night. My stomach was not well, my head was terribly congested, and my whole body ached. At 6am I decided to take some medicine. It was too late. I couldn't keep it down and my body clamped up. My dad gave me a blessing. I was really worried I wasn't going to be able to be in the family pictures. But miraculously, I was well enough to get myself dressed and presentable enough for pictures. My legs were very stiff and sore making it hard and slow to walk, but I walked. My hands were mostly still clamped, but I was able to dress myself and pull my hair up. My next battle was being able to smile. I wasn't able to smile well in most of the pictures, but hopefully it was good enough. Thankfully I was able to sit in the pictures and my family helped me hold Christian. Mom and Dad said they turned out nice. I can't wait to see them.

On the way home from the pictures I was craving a hamburger, so my sister took me to BurgerKing for a kids meal. I didn't realize it until Monday, but we left my debit card there. Thankfully, nobody used it and it was still there on Monday and I was able to pick it up. That would have never happened in Denver.

On Sunday we were able to make it to church and hear Maren's talk. I was thankful Christian was good so I could hear her speak. After all, that was the whole reason we were in town. After church we had A LOT of people over to mingle and eat. I did my best to socialize, but less than an hour later I couldn't handle it anymore. Christian and I went downstairs and took a nap. Did I mention we took a nap before church too?

On Monday, we flew home. I was sad to leave, but happy to see Dave. We missed him while we were gone. And I'm told, he missed us too.

I was really looking forward to going to IKEA while in UT, but I didn't go. We didn't get to see Miranda and Kris either. But, we were able to spend time with my family and that's the part I liked the most. I barely took any pictures though...so unlike me. I had hopes of taking a picture of Christian with each of his Aunts and Uncles and Grandparents. Oh well. Maybe for Maren's Homecoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment