Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 1

As an update to my post a couple weeks ago I have started to train for the 3 day walk in 2010. I have decided that I am way too out of shape to ever survive that much walking in only 3 months. And I need more time to raise that much money. I still really want to do it so I am going to start training now for next year's walk. Then I can register in Feb 2010 and give myself 6 months to raise the money. Plus I have all this time to figure out fundraising ideas. So...if you have any ideas don't hesitate to share. I do realize that I may not be able to walk next year. So many things can happen between now and then, but it certainly won't hurt to train. I will update this blog as I continue to train and attempt to reach my goal of walking at least a mile everyday. Wish me luck..I'm going to need it. I'm going to have to do some serious creative time management to squish that into my day. But I know I can. I'm not that busy.

Today was my first hour long walk. I have no clue how far I walked. I need to get a way of tracking that. I need new shoes. Good shoes. My right foot and shin hurt so bad. I think my shoes have too much arch support. Sometimes I am glad to live in a big city with lots of resources. I will need to go to a special shoe store soon and get fitted for some good walking shoes. I'm sure it'll cost me an arm and a leg, but it's worth it. I know I'd give up if it was too painful to walk. Plus I stand all day at work so I need my feet to feel oh so good.

1 comment: