Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dear Diary Part 2

I'm pretty sure today is Sunday. The day we keep the Sabbath holy. Maybe I got a little mixed up today. I've been all out of sorts. I can't seem to keep my days straight.

I woke up after 8am today and freaked out that I was late for work. Then I realized it was Sunday. PHEW!! We got up, ate breakfast, and then I remembered that my visiting teachers were supposed to come. Since Christian and Dave both have the flu, I thought I'd better cancel. I'm sure we don't need to get them sick.

Well. (insert big sigh here) Dave went to work today. I hate that he has to work some Sundays, but it's fewer than before. And I'm super grateful he has a job.

Pretty soon Christian keeps saying "phone, phone" and pointing at Dave's phone. "Good job, honey, that's a phone." I'm such a proud mom. My son is SO smart. Wait a minute!! Dave's at work. Darn! After calling his store we come to the conclusion that I'd better take his phone to him.

Christian and I arrive at the store just in time for lunch. (Coincidence, I think not!) We enjoy our lunch together and Dave tells me he won a contest at work. The prize is $400. Wahoo!!

After lunch I asked Dave to listen to the car. It's been making a funny noise the past couple of days and with everyone being so sick we just hadn't gotten to it yet. Here's how it goes.

Dave: "Okay, babe, start the car."
I start the car and Dave gets a perplexed look on his face.
Dave: "Okay, babe, turn off the car."
I turn the key.
Dave: "Hon, go ahead and turn the car off, please."
Me: "I did."
Not only did I turn the car off, but I pulled the key out....so why is it still running??
Dave: "Darn, pop the hood."
I pop the hood and Dave tinkers around.
Dave: "The starter's going out, we need a new one now."
Me: "How much is this going to cost?"
Dave: "Don't know, let's go find out."
Me: "Can it wait until tomorrow?"
Dave: "Sure, but we'll have to tow it."
Me: "Darn!"

So, we buy the parts necessary ($225) and take it to the shop. They quote us $70 for that...we'll see what it ends up being.

I'm not happy this all had to happen on a Sunday. I should have taken the car to him yesterday, but I really didn't think it was that big of a deal. Good thing I have a husband that works at an auto parts store. And way to go, Babe, on winning $400! It'll now reimburse us for the car repairs. Coincidence, I think NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment