Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Baking

My good friend and I spent a whole day together shopping, baking, and choosing fabric to recover my chairs. It was so fun to spend a day away from Christian and get some holiday baking accomplished. (THANKS Dave!)

We went to the Outlet Mall in Castle Rock and got great deals at the Carter's outlet. I love a good 70% off sale. I think I might go back. I got 4 pairs of pants and a shirt for Christian for $30. Then we spent our life savings on groceries. And to the kitchen we went.

A sugar cookie with Andes mints inside and green frosting and an Andes mint on top. (seriously, that is all it is---super easy!!)


Butterscotch Cake Cookies with Browned Butter Frosting

Graham Cracker Cookies (the squares on top)

and Molasses Cookies (the rounds on bottom)

We had a great time talking and laughing and baking. And thanks to my friend's awesome kitchen with 2 ovens we were able to finish almost all that we set out to do. It would have taken me a week to accomplish all that baking by myself, with one oven and a toddler at my feet. We ended up with about 20 dozen cookies. Tonight I am going to make chocolate covered pretzel rods sprinkled with red and green sugar. I love to bake! I need to do it more than once a year.

1 comment:

  1. Yumm! Andes mint cookies! I need to go check my mail. Too bad it's Sunday!

    ReplyDelete