Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Menu Monday

Last weeks menu went fairly well. We did have to make a few adjustments, but all in all we did okay. We didn't eat out at all last week and that is a HUGE step for us. We even stayed within our budget for the week. Who knew it was possible?
So, even though I am posting this a day late, here is our menu for this week.

Monday - Pizza

Tuesday - Hamburgers and Tater Tots

Wednesday - Mashed Potatoes and Sausage

Thursday - Enchiladas and Spanish Rice

Friday - Waffles, Bacon, Hash Browns

Saturday - Rotisserie Chicken and Rice

Sunday - Lasagna

So far we are on track. I just hope we can continue with this trend. It will save us a lot of money each month. Who couldn't save a few bucks?

3 comments:

  1. good job on planning your menu...and sticking to it.

    I find that if my menu is planned out it is easy to avoid the take-out temptation. It saves us a ton on our food bill (take out for 7 ain't cheap).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ideas. Joe does too. We are going to use some of them. The enchiladas and spanish rice sound really good. I need to get your recipe. Let's see... our ideas. I think we have tacos every week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lene has found that doing a menu really has saved them money big time.
    I also buy the family packs of hamberger (there are only two of us at home now)
    I cook it up...seasoned with just salt, pepper and garlic. After it cools down I put it in GLAD freezer containers or Freezer bags...it is already to thaw out and spice up to what ever I am going to put it in.
    I do the same thing with chicken.
    Christian is getting so big!
    What a little doll!

    ReplyDelete