Thursday, January 1, 2009

Can You Say...Disappointing?

Wow! I just had to blog about this because it is funny and disappointing all at once.

December 31, 2008 came more quickly than I had ever imagined it would. 2008 brought a lot of challenges to our family, but we're pushing our way through. Dave and I had plans of eating pizza and rootbeer floats with chips and junk food all around. We got a movie to watch and got home with great hopes of ringing in the new year together.

BUUUUUUT...I went to bed at 7:30pm. 7:30pm folks! Really!?! Who goes to bed at 7:30pm and who goes to bed that early on New Years Eve? Nobody! The least you can do is stay up until 9 or 10pm.

I slept like a sleeping beauty until 8am on Jan 1, 2009. I missed the WHOLE thing. What a way to ring in the new year. ZZZZZZZZ On top of it all I was probably snoring because my nose is so stuffy I can't breathe and apparently that makes me snore. Now you are all glad you don't have to sleep in the same house as me.

Well, how about that! My 16 month old boy stayed up until 9pm, but his mommy went to bed at 7:30pm. It's a little funny and a lot disappointing all at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. That's nice... I almost went to bed at 8:30 but stayed awake until about 9:45 just long enough to finish the movie we watched. Chris woke me up for the NY new year, and I was grumpy at him for it... poor guy.

    ReplyDelete