Tuesday, February 17, 2009

SPT-Attraction

A few years ago (10) my family moved to Colorado. I was a senior in high school and a new student. It wasn't the easiest move for me. We had previously lived in a small town in northern Nevada. My new senior class was bigger than my whole previous high school. It was a big adjustment. A few weeks after I arrived in Parker was our Stake Youth Conference (a gathering for youth 14-18 yrs old). That is when I first saw you. You were young and crazy and extremely energetic. At that point I was convinced I could never like a strange person like you. From afar I watched in amazement your ability to be who you are without fear of what anyone else thought of you. It scared me. A shy person like me could never dream of being so outgoing. During our senior year I made it a point to stay far away.

Fast forward three years.

I was home from BYU-Idaho preparing to submit my mission papers. You had just returned home from your mission in Argentina...that day. I saw you, from behind, in your suit--still a missionary. I remember thinking you were SO HOT! It was only 8 months later that we were married.



I know that you embarrass me quite frequently because you are not scared by what people may or may not think about you. And I know that a painfully shy person should NEVER marry a person that is just as outgoing as they are shy. But even though I was originally turned off by your energy and outgoing personality, it is the first thing that got me to notice you. I envied you for not being so shy. I always wished that I wasn't so shy and you are a big part of the reason I am as "outgoing" as I am now.

Thanks Babe! You Rock!

P.S. This does not in any way give you permission to embarrass me in the future. :o)

6 comments:

  1. Love the p.s.
    Opposites attracted and they also make great partners. Thanks for sharing the cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you added that bit at the end. What a great love story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! And I thought that I was finally getting vindication! I will try to keep the embarrassment to a minimum... but no promises of perfection!

    PS. computer word generation:

    slyadri: meaning 1) to dry something in a very sly way. meaning 2)an object that dries the slide as you use it (ie: your bumm)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you have a lot of embarassing stories with you being shy and him being outgoing. It's the opposite in our relationship, but my hubby has come out of his shell in the last 12 years. Now he's always embarassing ME!

    ReplyDelete